If you're interested in one of our open positions, start by applying here and attaching your resume.
PARALEGAL (This position has been FILLED):
Reports to: Director of AJ Law
Schedule: Part-Time; 20-30 hours/week
Location: Hybrid (Remote/Office)
· Provide legal and administrative support to AJ Law attorneys including research, drafting, and filing;
· Manage AJ law communications, including client calls, emails, voicemails and mail;
· Maintaining appointment scheduling and calendars;
· Organize electronic and physical files;
· Assist with data management and entry;
· Conduct client intake;
· Attend AJ clinics as necessary; and
· Participate in weekly AJ Law team meetings and staff meetings.
· Relevant Associate/Bachelor’s Degree;
· Minimum of one (1) years of paralegal or related legal experience;
· Ability to learn and use case management and word processing software;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Attention to detail;
· Strong organization skills
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (This position has been FILLED.)
Part-time position averaging 25-30 hrs/week working both in-office and remotely. Applicant must be of high moral character and integrity as well as be willing to sign a statement of faith upon hire. The ideal Candidate must be able to work independently as well as work closely with other staff, including the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Finance Committee. Experience in QuickBooks and following GAAP in maintaining financial records, donor records, invoices, financial statements and projections is required.
1. Prepare bank deposits
2. Record and post donations, grants, and other income
3. Review and record detail transactions of bi-weekly payroll.
4. Enter invoices, pay bills, and distribute payments due on behalf of AJ
5. Balance credit card statements and receipts monthly.
6. Prepare financial reports for Executive Director and relevant committees.
7. Assist in preparing annual financial budget
8. Reconcile bank statements.
9. Prepare and record monthly journal entries
10. Prepare and update Cash Flow Projection
11. Process and post donor contributions. Send appropriate acknowledgements for contributions, memorials, and monetary gifts.
12. Prepare financial reports and supporting information for CPA prepared annual tax form 990
13. Prepare financial reports and supporting information for independent CPA compilation report to meet requirements of ECFA membership.
14. Prepare annual 1099 forms for recipients of non-employee compensation.
15. Assist as needed prior to and during fundraising events.
15. Carry out other duties as assigned.
1. Complete the functions of the position while providing an organized record keeping system.
2. Maintain confidentiality and personal/professional discretion related to donors/donations and financial records of AJ.
3. Have a proficiency in QuickBooks and develop a proficiency in Network for Good (Donor Relationship Manager) software.
5. Commit to a regular in office work day(s) dependent on the needs of the ministry with approval to work from home.
6. Attend and participate in Administrative Staff meetings as required.
7. Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at-all-times.
1. Lifestyle that reflects a commitment to and a passion for Jesus Christ.
2. Business or Accounting degree OR experience that includes working in bookkeeping, accounting, and/or finance.
3. Proficient knowledge and experience using QuickBooks.
4. Knowledge of Network for Good donor management system is a tremendous plus.
5. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, as well as self-directed for responsibilities of this position.
6. Conscientious work ethic with the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
7. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
8. Proficiency in a Windows-based PC environment, including Microsoft 365 applications (Word, Excel, etc).